Friday, February 2, 2007

Spinning Balls

The Knickerbockers of New York and the Bobcats of Charlotte played a game of basketball on Wednesday night. Bobcat forward Gerald Wallace made the headlines for scoring 42 points in what was a thoroughly average athletic contest. Average, I should say, except for one magical moment.

In my years on this planet, I've logged a lot of hours watching the game of basketball. My first words weren't "momma" or "dadda" or "milk"; they were "sky-hook." Which is all to say, I have never seen this happen before. The ball spins like a flicked quarter on the flat part of the rim and then stops.


2 comments:

AdamBez said...

I did this in 10th grade in a tournament shooting a free throw.

ChrisH said...

during a fast break drill, freshman yr in H.S. I had a finger roll get stuck like that.